Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Pass2Go: Portable Automated Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Generator for USB key, ZIP disk

Ok, I found this to be really cool... personally I had gotten lazy with my passwords. I couldn't be bothered trying to remember long random unique passwords for every website that wanted me to log in. I found myself reusing weak passwords that I wouldn't forget. Recently I started listening to the Security Now podcast from the security site GRC.com and they had this program listed in the show notes, along with a few others I tried but didn't care for. Since, I seem to lose or my wife washes all the scraps of paper with my passwords on them this was exactly what I was looking for. Something quick, easy, portable and secure. Anyway, I've been using it with it's downloadable firefox extension and really really like it. I sleep better knowing that my email or whatever is protected by something a little harder to guess than "bobdog" or "asdf123" and I'm not scared to make them all unique. (um, I know usb sticks are still prone to hitchhiking a ride through the washer in my pocket, so it probably wouldn't hurt to make a backup stick every so often)

Read more at www.roboform.com/pass2g...

No comments: