Wednesday, December 28, 2005

More Bad Luck!!

Well, I think my VW felt bad about it being left out of my blog, so it gave me a really nice streak of bad luck too.

So, it starts off by loosing a fog light, then a tail light, and then finally a head light. I guess it was like a "car stroke", all on the same side. Then, shortly after the head light died, I hit the rim pulling into the In-Laws house... "What the..." I get out, and sure enough, it is looking really low. It turned out to have only 5 psi when I checked it at the service station. So, I take it in to the tire place where I bought the tires from. They say, it had a nail and they couldn't fix it because it was ran low and now had a "ripple". On the positive side, they replaced it for free. So, they put on the spare, and ordered a new one. Of course it would be the only tire they didn't have in stock anywhere in the entire valley.
After A few days they call and say it is in. Trying to squeeze it into a over packed Christmas schedule, I take it back to them after work that night on my way to pick up the kids from the in-laws. Well, then their car lift managed to destroy the big plastic cover under the engine, which VW bends you over for .3k+ to replace. On the positive side, it was already "beat to stink" and probably need to be replaced soon anyway and they paid for most of it. I was also bummed because I thought they had lost the VW center cap and the lug nut caps. But they found them later in the compartment that holds the spare tire tools.
Later, I tried to fix the headlight on my own and ended up breaking another stupid piece of plastic on the light housing. Funny thing was, I was trying to fix the wrong side. I decided that was semi lucky but didn't try again and instead had a mechanic fix the headlight and the fog light when I had the engine splash guards replaced. Also, On the bright side, since I had already bought the parts he didn't charge me for fixing the lights.
Oh, and sometime in the middle of all that mess I picked up a speeding ticket on the freeway. It's funny how you never feel guilty even when you know your guilty. Oh, I managed to talk the court down another 15 bucks and give me a month extension to find the money to pay it.
I almost forgot, I also decided to decorate my front right fender backing out of the garage by turning the wheel before I was totally clear. I guess that was a double dip for the custom garage door frame dark blue stucko decoration on the participating garage door frame.
I know it doesn't sound all that bad, but I left out all the normal "day to day" crappy stuff, that always seems to happen at the same time. Which makes it all total up to be a good kick in the shorts. OK, I feel better now. :)

No comments: