Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More on Twitter, Facebook, and Buzz

It wasn’t long ago I was thinking Facebook was a pretty good idea. Now I’m thinking it’s not Facebook at all, its having all my friends and family using the same social service. I have been increasingly concerned about privacy on Facebook. But I guess they aren’t the only one collecting data on our internet activity. I would like to dump Facebook (mostly because I hate all the quizzes and apps like Farmville) but I can’t seem to leave until everyone else does. Twitter is pretty cool still but it has become more of a news and current events feed for me. I haven’t posted there much recently. I’ve come to hate tweets with a link and no content or those full of hash tags. Now, along comes Google with their new Buzz right in my email. I wish they hadn’t totally screwed up the launch because It seems to be the right amount of Facebook and Twitter mix I’ve been looking for. I think it needs its own method of easily posting videos (just figured out pics upload) rather than linking to other services. Linking to other services is cool but needs to be much faster. I posted a tweet and it showed up 12 hrs later in my Buzz feed. I’d really like to see a Facebook link to my friends status updates in buzz. And if I could could have a Facebook app update my status from Buzz I’d never have to log into Farmbook again. I could live like a e-agoraphobic comfortably within my gmail page. Crossing my fingers it will survive.

No comments: