Friday, October 27, 2006

Firefox 2 - The Return

Ok, I can say I've tried them all now. Well not quite all, but the major players (excluding the Mac one of course). Opera is definately top notch, but I missed the look and feel of firefox and my firefox extensions. I gave IE7 betas, release candidates, and final a fair shake and must say they have come a long way. It still feels clumsy. When are they going to understand that I want an integrated ad blocker or at least integrated 3rd party plugins like firefox. I want to be able to control what I see and do it by clicking on the site I'm on.  I don't want to have to dig around the options and manually add everything to the restricted sites list. I like what they have done with the  custom search engine generator. So, I've come back to firefox and really dig the new on the fly spell checker especially when doing webmail.  I also really like the latest del.icio.us bookmarks plugin and clipmarks looks promising. Tags are definately superior to bookmarks after you get use to them and having them wherever I go using the Delicioius Bookmarks plugin is sweet. I have also recently discovered the Firefox Extension Backup Extension (or FEBE).  Finally my firefox can be exactly the same at home and the office. Some other must haves in my opinion are Adblock Plus and sidekick Adblock Filterset.G Updater, NoScript, Greasemonkey, and IE Tab just for the occasional backward website. Some other optional cool ones that I like are VideoDownloader, Viamatic FoXpose, StumbledUpon, Scrapbook (might be replaced with Clipmarks), Preformancing (for blogging), PDF Downloader, Mouse Gestures, and Download Statusbar.  I hope TorPark updates to v2.0 soon for the extra bit of anonimity.

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: